What to bring to your Accountant for your Income Tax Appointment?

Author: H & S Accounting | | Categories: Accounting , Financial Statements , Payroll Processing Services , Tax Credits , Tax Planning , Tax Return , Tax Saving Ideas

Personal Items

  • Copy of last year’s Income Tax return
  • Proof of identification (Drivers License, Govt. issued Photo I.D.)
  • Social Security Card, birth date for you and your family on the Tax return
  • Your permanent resident mailing address or a P.O. Box number
  • Bank account information or a voided check for direct deposit (for your refund)

Income and investment related documents

  • Original copies of all W-2 forms
  • Social security benefits (SSA-1099)
  • If you are self-employed (form 1099-MISC and/or 1099-K)
  • For Retirement income (form 1099-R)
  • Interest statements from Bank (form 1099-INT)
  • Dividend statement from mutual funds or insurance companies (form 1099-DIV)
  • If you sold stocks or mutual funds last year (form 1099-B)
  • Other income –Gambling winnings (form W2-G)

Business or Self-Employment records (If applicable)

  • Form 1099-MISC and/or 1099-K
  • Estimated taxes payments record
  • Business Credit card statements
  • Business bank statements
  • Business expenses’ statement or excel spreadsheet
  • Business auto Mileage
  • Business use of home

Expenses for Tax Deductions

  • Real Estate Taxes
  • Home Mortgage statements
  • Medical and Dental expenses
  • Charitable Donations
  • IRA contributions deduction
  • 401(k) contributions deduction
  • Child care expenses
  • Student Loan interest
  • Educator expenses
  • Traditional /Roth IRAs
  • Health Savings Account contributions deduction
  • Deduction for state and local taxes
  • Gambling loss deduction